Thursday, May 27, 2010

God Bless the Bissel


Lu had another potty incident, except this time it seemed out of nowhere, though probably a result of her anxiety this evening. She was lying on her dog bed and I was petting her and brushing her and just having some quiet time together and she couldn't settle. She was very restless and wanted to be up and pacing. She obliged and laid on the bed while I brushed her but very restless and changing positions a lot and not settling in. When I was done I got up to go to the sink and she popped up and followed me. I saw on the floor there were splotches of water and I thought I had just splashed some water on the floor. Then I heard what sounded like someone pouring a large pitcher of water onto the carpet and turned the corner to see her letting loose. I clapped my hands and shouted "AH AH AH!!!" which prompted her to WALK AWAY WHILE PEEING (still squatted, I might add). I got her to stop after another sharp "NO!" and she hung her head low and sheepishly scurried to her bed. But the second she got there I snapped the leash on her and dragged her outside to her potty spot where she immediately finished pottying, after which she got lots of praise (which was hard to fake). So we kenneled her when she got back in. She seems pretty comfortable there if she can't see us - safe - and it is good practice for her. It feels really nice to have a break from her. We should do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment